Friday, May 17, 2013

Take the Challenge-Reported Speech

 
Have you spoken to one of your relatives recently? Who did you talk to and what did you talk about? Did you ask each other any questions? Use reported speech to tell about your conversation.


"My younger brother is 11 and he's paying me a visit next Saturday. I talked to my mum today and she asked me what I wanted him to bring me, things such my hairdryer, or clothes. She also wanted to know whether I had the flight details clear, and demanded me to call her the moment I saw him. Albert is very anxious and excited about this trip, and as we're going to Scotland he was wondering if we were going to see Nessie and whether he could buy a quilt. I'm really looking forward to seeing him... can't wait!"


Your turn.

Click here to begin a quiz.

thankyou BBC Learning English

Followers

About

Welcome to English at LERNFORUM Chur.  We teach English one to one or in small, personalised groups at every level and for every English language need. Cambridge and Swiss qualified, we're mother-language speaking, and most importantly, have a passion for helping you speak English.

Word of the Month

Holy

(adj): Sacred, divine, blessed.


Holiday: a holy or festive day; a day off, vacation (also sacred)


Expressions: Holy Cow! Literally true in India.

Ex: Holly Mackerel! Delicious, healthy and full of mercury.

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © English at Lernforum Chur