Thursday, June 1, 2017

Ideal company


Work with a partner. 



1. Look at the criteria for an ideal company and choose the five most important and the five least important.

My ideal company:
  • has a female CEO 
  • gives six months’ paid maternity leave and 
  • one month paid paternity leave 
  • has a crèche facility 
  • has a good quality canteen 
  • gives equal pay to women and men 
  • gives employees a laptop computer and 
  • mobile phone for business and personal use 
  • has opportunities for promotion and personal development 
  • awards bonuses and gives fringe benefits to employees 
  • provides at least six weeks’ training a year 
  • has an annual staff party 
  • has a generous company pension scheme 
  • allows women with three children to retire at 55 
  • has a gym and sports facilities 
  • pays one month extra salary to employees who have a new baby or who get married 

2. Make sentences about your ideal boss from the prompts below using the adverbs of frequency in the box. Then compare your sentences with a partner. 


My ideal boss:
  • reads my e-mails 
  • lets me make personal calls at work 
  • takes me out to dinner 
  • has regular update meetings with me 
  • sends me on trips 
  • calls me by my first name 
  • phones me at home to discuss work 
  • leaves me to get on with my work 
  • chats about his/her family and other 
  • non work-related topics 
  • brings me coffee 
  • sets regular deadlines and targets 
  • lets me leave work early 
  • says thank you 
  • praises me 
  • gives me lots of responsibility 
  • lets me work from home

Followers

About

Welcome to English at LERNFORUM Chur.  We teach English one to one or in small, personalised groups at every level and for every English language need. Cambridge and Swiss qualified, we're mother-language speaking, and most importantly, have a passion for helping you speak English.

Word of the Month

Holy

(adj): Sacred, divine, blessed.


Holiday: a holy or festive day; a day off, vacation (also sacred)


Expressions: Holy Cow! Literally true in India.

Ex: Holly Mackerel! Delicious, healthy and full of mercury.

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © English at Lernforum Chur