Thursday, October 4, 2018

Verb Tense and Examples


  An Overview
Simple Present
Simple Past
Simple Future
I play tennis every day.
Two years ago, I played tennis in England.
If you want to play with me, I will play tennis. I am going to play tennis next year.
Present Progressive
Past Progressive
Future Progressive
I am playing tennis now.
I was playing tennis when you called yesterday.
I will be playing tennis tomorrow. I am going to be playing tennis tomorrow.
Present Perfect
Past Perfect
Future Perfect
I have played tennis in several different countries.
I had played tennis a little before I moved to the United States.
I will have played tennis for four hours if I play for another hour.
Present Perfect Progressive
Past Perfect Progressive
Future Perfect Progressive
I have been playing tennis for ten years.
I had been playing tennis for three years before I moved to the United States.
I will have been playing tennis for over three hours by the time you arrive

Followers

About

Welcome to English at LERNFORUM Chur.  We teach English one to one or in small, personalised groups at every level and for every English language need. Cambridge and Swiss qualified, we're mother-language speaking, and most importantly, have a passion for helping you speak English.

Word of the Month

Holy

(adj): Sacred, divine, blessed.


Holiday: a holy or festive day; a day off, vacation (also sacred)


Expressions: Holy Cow! Literally true in India.

Ex: Holly Mackerel! Delicious, healthy and full of mercury.

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © English at Lernforum Chur